Join Scentsy USA
All about Scentsy USA
Kara Egan and Colette Gunnell founded Scentsy, a wickless candle company, in Salt Lake City, Utah back in 2003.
The next year, the two met Orville Thompson at a Salt Lake City business event. Thompson was then a struggling entrepreneur selling video game controllers, but he took an interest in Scentsy.
Within months, Thompson and his wife Heidi purchased the company from Egan and Gunnell.
On July 1, 2004 the Thompsons launched Scentsy as a direct selling, party-plan company.
Scentsy has comes such a long way since its early days, with a global market. We are always looking for Independent Scentsy Consultants to join our family to help spread happiness through fragrance.
Our new catalogue launches on 1st February 2021. It is an exciting time to join and start earning additional income selling products that you and everyone else loves.
Scentsy is not a get-rich-quick scheme, but when you invest time, hard work, and passion you can achieve any goals you set your mind to.
We have a global team of over 400 Independent Scentsy Consultants from all around the world, each setting their own income goals from a few hundred $ a month to so much more.
In our awesome Scentsy Family we take it one day at a time, one step at a time, always side by side.
Frequently Asked Questions – but please ask us if you have any questions left unanswered
As an Independent Scentsy Consultant, you are an independent business owner authorized to sell Scentsy products for a commission. You have the freedom to control when and where you work your business, and you can increase your commission by selling more products or earning residual income from friends and family you’ve recruited to join your team.
- The Scentsy family has this indefinable quality — we call it Scentsy Spirit, because how else could we express the passion, encouragement, enthusiasm and drive of 120,000 unique souls coming together to serve a greater purpose? This is why we think Scentsy is the best direct selling company.
- Most Scentsy Consultants join because they love the products; they stay because they fall in love with the community. From there, the reasons continue to grow — from earning extra income, to the flexibility of working when and where they want, to wanting to earn an upcoming incentive trip.
Click “Join ” at the bottom of this page, select your Starter Kit and follow the enrollment steps. Please note that you will need a debit or credit card to pay for your Starter Kit.
You only need to pay the current price of the Starter Kit (plus local tax and shipping) to join Scentsy.
- Our traditional Starter Kit includes everything you need to start your Scentsy business: a best-selling warmer, scented wax testers, catalogs, order forms, three months of your own PWS, product samples and more. (Contents may vary.)
Our traditional Starter Kit is £$99 plus local tax and shipping. Or you can host a party and apply your earned product credit toward a Host-Exclusive Starter Kit to become a Scentsy Consultant.
You must be the legal age or age of majority in your country of residence at the time of enrollment. You must also be a legal resident of the country where you want to enroll and have a valid personal identification number (such as a Social Security number or Employee Identification Number). And you must accept the Independent Consultant Agreement (ICA) and purchase a Starter Kit. (North Dakota residents are not required to purchase a Starter Kit to join.)
Commission is the compensation you earn for your personal sales of Scentsy’s commissionable products.Click here to see Scentsy’s Compensation Plan.
- PRV stands for Personal Retail Volume, and it is the global point value of commissionable products you sell and how Consultants are paid commissions. All products are assigned a PRV point value, which is then converted to local currency using a peg rate specific to each country.
You must generate sales resulting in 200 points or more in PRV in at least one month within any consecutive twelve-month period. The 200 points in PRV can come from individual customer orders, party orders or online orders made through your PWS. This is approx. $200USD
- Scentsy is built off the party plan. You can hold in-home parties, basket parties, open houses or online parties, and you may also take orders through your website.
No. However, Consultants who sponsor new team members tend to earn more PRV over time and are about 60% more likely to stay with Scentsy long term!
Former Consultants are always encouraged to apply for an account reinstatement. Please note that there’s a minimum waiting period of three months if your account was cancelled for inactivity or six months if your account was cancelled for any other reason. Reinstatement Kit to restart their business. Message us to find out more.
As a consultant you can earn host credits, this is half price and host credits to pay for Scentsy items.